The phrase “life is too short” is very popular and trust me, it’s easier said. This time the phrase really struck a chord. 2016 is slowly coming to an end. There is so much that has taken place this year: making new friends, losing dear ones, attending baby showers, being bogged down with setbacks, coming across exciting opportunities name them; basically both the ugly and the beautiful.
Gladly, from all these, there are lessons learnt. To be honest, the following is a list of advices that either you have ever been offered or things that you know. I hope you will pick one or two points and practise it religiously.
- Forgive those who hurt you.
- Apologize to those you fail.
- Free yourself from grudges.
- If you feel that you do not like someone, detach yourself from them; no need to puppeteer around.
- Avoid talking behind people’s back; it is poison to your soul.
- Do not chase people, chase your dreams.
- Keep dreaming! Work towards achieving your dreams however unrealistic they appear to be.
- Carpe diem! Enjoy the present, live in the moment.
- Laugh loudly and so hard even if people find it obnoxious.
- Be goofy. I repeat, be goofy.
- Be happy.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Be kind.
- Reply to those good morning and good night texts with love even if they sound platitude to you.
- Make a habit of using polite words: thank you, sorry, please, excuse me among others; incessantly and genuinely.
- Be grateful whether you have much or less.
- Need I say that again?
- Educate that beautiful mind of yours. Read a lot of books; learn new things and re-learn the old.
- Have fun.
- Compliment people frequently.
- Be unapologetically yourself. Do not ever feel that you do not belong. It’s a big World, with sufficient space. You fit!
- Know your worth; value integrity.
- Be a source of inspiration, love, joy, hope and light to your neighbor.
- Lastly, read this blog more often 🙂
Photo credits: Wills photography. IG- William_chege